Professor Godfrey Chi-Fung Chan
Education & Professional Qualifications:
D.M.D. (U.East, Phil.) 1981, M.D. (U.East, Phil.) 1985, L.M.C.(H.K.)
1989, M.R.C.P. (U.K.) 1991, F.H.K.A.M. 1995, F.H.K.C.Paed 1996, Dip. Palliat.
Med. (U.Wales, U.K.) 1996, MSc. (U. Birmingham, U.K.) 1999, FRCP(Edin)
2000, FRCPCH (U.K.) 2003, FAAP 2004.
- Intern (U.East, Phil.) 1985-86
- Extern (K.W. Hosp & Q.M. Hosp., H.K.) 1987-89
- Medical Officer (Dept. of Paediatrics, Q.M.H., H.K.U.) 1989-93
- Clinical Fellow in Paediatric Haematology/Oncology (St. Jude Children's Research Hosp., Memphis, U.S.A.) 1993-96
- Senior Medical Officer (Dept. of Paediatrics, Q.M.H., H.K.U.) 1995-99
- Clinical Associate Professor (Dept. of Paediatrics, Q.M.H., H.K.U.) 1999-2009
- Honorary Consultant (Q.M.H.) 1999
- Assistant Dean (H.K.U.) 2004-13
- Clinical Professor (Dept. of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Q.M.H., H.K.U.) 2009
- Deputy Director (Stem Cells & Regenerative Medicine Consortium, H.K.U.) 2012
- Head (Dept. of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Q.M.H., H.K.U.) 2012
- Chief of Service (Dept. of Paediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, HKU-Shenzhen Hospital) 2012
- Chief of Service (Dept. of Paediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, Q.M.H.) 2012
- Tsao Yen-Chow Endowed Professorship of Paediatrics & Adolescent Medicine 2013
Paediatric Haematology / Oncology / Haematopoeitic Stem Cell Transplantation
10 Recent Selected Publications on Mesenchymal & Hematopoietic Stem Cells (* Corresponding Author):
- Robles JDF, Cheuk DKL, Ha SY, Chiang AKS, Chan GCF*. Norovirus infection in pediatric hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients: incidence, risk factors and outcome. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 2012;18(12):1883-9.
- Ma M, Ye JY, Deng RX, Dee CM, Chan GCF*. Mesenchymal Stromal Cells May Enhance Metastasis of Neuroblastoma via SDF-1/CXCR4 and SDF-1/CXCR7 Signaling. Cancer Letter 2011 Jul 7.
- Ye JY, Chan GCF*, Yang M. Platelet-derived growth factor enhances platelet recovery in a radiation-induced thrombocytopenic mouse model and reduces apoptosis in megakaryocytes via its receptors and PI3- k/Akt pathway. Haematologica 2010;95(10):1745-53.
- Fung MKL, Liang RHS, Chan GCF*. Vincristine But Not Imatinib Could Suppress Mesenchymal Niche°¶s Support to Lymphoid Leukemic Cells. Leukemia Lymphoma 2010; 51(3):515-22
- Tsao HW, Law HKW, Tu WW, Chan GCF, Lau YL. Phagocytosis of apoptotic cells modulates mesenchymal stem cells osteogenic differentiation to enhance IL-17 and RANKL expression on CD4+ T cells. Stem Cell 2010;28(5):939-54.
- Chan BP, Hui TY, Wong MY, Yip KHK, Chan GCF. Mesenchymal stem cell-encapsulated collagen microspheres for bone tissue engineering. Tissue Engineering 2010;16(2): 225-35.
- Nie YJ, Lau CS, Lie AKW, Chan GCF, Mok TMY. Defective phenotype of mesenchymal stem cells in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus 2010; Jan29 (Epub)
- Mo IFY, Yip KHK, Chan WK, Lau YL, Chan GCF*. Prolonged exposure to bacterial toxins will downregulate expression of toll-like receptors in mesenchymal stromal cell-derived osteoprogenitors BMC Cell Biol 2008 Sep 18;9:52.
- Chan WK, Lau ASY, Li JCB, Law HKW, Lau YL, Chan GCF*. MHC expression kinetics and immunogenicity of mesenchymal stromal cells after short term IFN-É◊ challenge. Exp Hematol 2008 ;36(11):1545-55.
- Chan B, Leung MH, Yeung CW, Li J, Mo I, Chan GCF*. Self-assembled collagen-human mesenchymal stem cell microspheres °V Novel cell delivery devices for regenerative medicine and tissue engineering. Biomaterial 2007;28(31):4652-66.